WELCOME TO THE VAULT (ZURICH, RECORDER 1)
Date : 03/02/1977
Lieu : Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
Label : Ace Bootlegs Production
Support : 2 cd
Durée : 101:49 mn
Source : Audience
Qualité sonore : 8,5/10
Liste des titres :
CD1 – 44:18
01. Sheep (12:59)
02. Pigs on the Wing, Part 1 (1:52)
03. Dogs (cut) (8:00)
04. Pigs on the Wing, Part 2* (3:35)
05. Pigs (Three Different Ones) (17:52)
CD2 – 57:31
01. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V) (13:45)
02. Welcome to the Machine (7:49)
03. Have A Cigar (5:25)
04. Wish You Were Here (6:05)
05. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX) (15:50)
06. Money (8:37)
Commentaire : Recorder 1 is the classic version of the concert that is about 83 minutes long and the best generally circulating copy is a DAT > CDR. This taper made arguably one of the best stereo audience recordings of Pink Floyd’s 1977 European tour.
The exciting thing about the tape, other than it being a very strong stereo recording, is that before now it was assumed that « Pigs on the Wing, Part 2 » and « Pigs » were simply not recorded…
But Thanks to Kbrubaker, Here They Are In Great Quality!
About those two missing tracks here are Littlepieces’ Notes :
« This is 1977-02-03 since Roger can clearly be heard saying « eight » at ~3.11m and ~11.32m of Pigs.
– During POTW, Part 2 you can here the same applause, whistles, yells, and feedback as on recorder 2 for 1977-02-03.
– Not recorder 2 as that is mono and lessor quality.
– Not recorder 3 (Pacco) as that is mono, recorded from the rear of venue and much lesser quality.
– Though possible, seems extremely unlikely that it is the recorder 4 Grolsch mentioned in Pacco’s original 16-44 recorder 3 torrent. Recorder 4 is supposed to be mostly incomplete tracks due to many reel changes. The chances that these are recorder 4 tracks that are complete and have the same output level/pattern across spectrum as those found on recorder 1 seems very remote.
Conclusion: Since the HQ stereo audience recorder 1 is missing Potw pt2 and Pigs and this recording is of 1977-02-03 and is also a HQ stereo audience recording that is not apparently any of the other recorders, then it seems reasonable to conclude that they are the missing tracks from 1977-02-03. »
Disponible ici : http://dfiles.eu/files/b20vcbrm6